Monday, October 1, 2012

Little Changes

Happy October!  It never ceases to amaze me how little changes around the house can really brighten my mood and set the tone for the new season.  We  had guests from Hamburg last week and that motivated me to finally add some Fall touches around the house.  I have been adding a lot of orange and forest green and it's been quite fun.  Here are a few snip-its of a few of the changes:

I couldn't resist this pumpkin, along with these gorgeous cabbages and apricot pansies, to bring some Fall color to the front doorstep.   Later this month, we'll be adding jack o'lanterns carved by the kids, but that's a whole other look...if you know what I mean.  ;)
I may get motivated in the next week or two to add some wreaths to our double doors to complete the look.


I don't think this photo really does the room justice (blame the photographer) but I added several pillows in spice colors and re-used the apothecary jars with all kinds of rustic, Fall-inspired fillers.  I love how the view into the back of our house stays so lush and green all year round!


OK this isn't really for Fall, but I did just add it to the living room, sitting on top of the petrified wood stool.  :)  This is a collection of coins and bills from (almost) all of the countries my husband and I have traveled to, separately and together.  It's quite the conversation starter with guests and some of the coins - especially those from Asia - are quite beautiful and artistic!


Isn't this cabbage gorgeous?  I replaced something else with these in several of these pots along the railing of my deck and I love how that purple pops!
(Please ignore how badly our deck needs to be re-done.  That is on the "list" for next Summer, but we may throw all that out the window and go here instead!  :))

I just bought this trellis towel recently, and then added the orange Chinese Lanterns in a small bowl in the half bath. I love how the green pops against the dark color I painted the walls (details can be found here).

I don't know if these changes were exciting to you, but they certainly are for little old me.  :)  What do you like to add to bring Fall into your home?



11 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Looking good Barbara..love the blk front door and the contrast of the cabbages and pumpkin. I love adding fall leaves, ghourds, pumpkins here and there.....a nice way to welcome my favorite season.

michele said...

i love your fall additions! i don't bring much color inside for fall, but the cooler weather always inspires me to add more candles, cableknit throws, and rustic touches. oh, and apples! green ones make us very happy.

thanks for the peek, barbara.

michele

carolyn bradford said...

Love all of your seasonal touches and love the coin collection! What a great idea! Your home looks lovely! Thanks for sharing these ideas! Have a great Monday!

Leslie said...

Don't you just love those chinese lanterns?! Your pumpkin and foliage looks great Barbara!

Enjoy this gorgeous weather!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Its looking great Barbara. Love your front door painted black with the fall decor. Very festive!

designchic said...

What a great way to add a touch of fall to your home - adore the pumpkin and cabbages at the front door!

mary said...

I love that black front door--really sexy. Have a wonderful October.
Mary

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

Ok, I am officially green with envy - your living room looks like it looks out on a postcard! So beautiful!

Splendid Sass said...

Barbara-
You just know how to do thing right!! I love all of your changes. I am heading to get some cabbage and a pumpkin now. Thanks for the motivation!
Happy Tuesday.
Teresa
xoxo

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Your entry looks so elegant and sophisticated. I love how it says "fall" without going over the top.

andrea said...

Love those green towels! Where are they from?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...