Friday, September 21, 2012

Ready For Guests!

Here are a few ideas for entertaining guests this Fall and - of course - a few decorating ideas too, just for grins.  :)  Enjoy!


individual salads with berries for a party
I love anything individualized - aren't these so pretty and fun?

Autumn Urn

Gorgeous!

snacks served in rustic containers
Kid-friendly and adorable.


wine, cheese, fruit and an apple arrangement on a pedestal
A lovely, simple wine tasting party.

for a holiday party, love the tray risers filled with apples...
Holiday parties are right around the corner! 
We have done desserts in champagne flutes and other decorative glasses like these several times and they are always a hit.  Don't miss the great risers too.

individual caesar salad serving
I'm a big fan of the versatile mint julep cup but this idea was new to me!

wine tasting tablescape

Fall arrangement in a dough bowl
Now that is an amazing use of a dough bowl!



14 comments:

Acquired Objects said...

Some great ideas and I'm with you love small bites in individual cups. Love that kid friendly table...chocolate!

XX
Debra~

The enchanted home said...

What a great selection of ideas....love the ceasar in the mint julep cup..so clever and so elegant!! Getting me a little more in the mood for my party tomorrow night though I tossed and turned last night feeling anxious about all I have to do!

I Dream Of said...

Lovey, Barbara. We love to entertain in the fall, the house just feels extra cozy. Hope you enjoy the first weekend of autumn! XOX

Marianne said...

Looks great Barbara! I love entertaining in the fall. How incredible is that first floral arrangement!? Wow!

The Buzz Blog said...

What fun and different entertaining ideas - love the lettuce leaves in the mint julep! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
xxoo
C + C

michele said...

i would love to create something like that in my dough bowl! and i must say that spread on the wood boards with all the cheese, fruit, and wine is calling my name!!!

the trick is always snapping a photo before the famished guests dig in!

smiles to you, lovely. it is freezing here so i am all too happy to get myself to arizona in just a few hrs!

michele

cindy hattersley design said...

That dough bowl arrangement is extremely clever. I have the dough bowls and all the goodies...I just need to get busy!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I love these ideas. I'm giving a luncheon for a friend who is moving. Some of these might work into my menu beautifully.

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Lot's of great ideas, Barbara. I also love the minis...Have a great week. Mona

Leslie said...

Oh Barbara.. these are wonderful and I love that first floral arrangement! Those mint julep cups with the salad greens peeking out.. great idea!! This is such a fun time of year for those of us that enjoy entertaining :)

Unknown said...

Hi Barbara,
I'm hosting a morning coffee and a dinner party next month, so am definitely keeping my eye open for creative autumn entertaining ideas! These are great. Love the idea for the decomposed ceasar salad in the mint julep cup!

Hope you are well!
xoxo Elizabeth

Haus and Home said...

Oh wow the outdoor fall floral arrangement is insanely beautiful! I love it!

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

These pictures have me longing for a lazy Sunday afternoon lunch filled with laughter, friends and autumn air!

Karen said...

A friend and I have been talking about hosting a wine tasting party for the past few months. A couple of those images are really getting me excited to plan one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...