Friday, July 6, 2012

Weathered...Beautifully.

I have been lucky enough to spend the last few days at two beaches in the area, and I'm going to another one tomorrow, which has brought beachy decor to the forefront of my design mind.  :)  I love the look of a weathered, grey wood outside...inspiring memories of the beach, even if it isn't close by!  Take a look at a few beautiful examples:


love  the gray pergola and wisteria

deck color

hampton hostess: BEHIND THE PRIVET-A VISIT TO THE CAPE

sustainably harvested ipe wood

weathered wood

succulents. weathered wood.

patio

deck - black trim and washed out deck?

side porch

:)

beach bed.  reminds me of old mission!  Grey deck

Have a great weekend!


6 comments:

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

There's nothing like casual living on the waterfront. Beautiful images, Barbara!

mary said...

Hi Barbara--thanks for getting me in the "beach mood"--super images. Mary

Stacy CUrran said...

This seems like a different kind of post for you, but I thoroughly enjoyed it!!
Stacy

Carla Aston said...

Just such beautiful images, Barbara. Love the grays!

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

weathered wood...nothing like it. I'm sitting on my porch at the lake with a breeze..think it's going to rain. YeaH! Perfect post. Mona

Urban Orchard Interiors said...

So beautiful! I feel more relaxed already...

-Lane

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...