Monday, March 12, 2012

Striking, Soothing & Simple Art

Hope you had a great weekend!  I have started thinking about what artwork we will put where in the new house, which has been a fun little daydream.  :) 

I think many of you love art as much as I do, and that means you also know that it can absolutely transform a space.  Here are a few of my favorites that span a wide range of styles.  Some of them are unexpected whereas others are pleasing and easy on the eyes.  I love it all.  I hope you find something you like as well!

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image
Don't ask me how, but this is apparently the effect that different sound waves have on sand.
Now that's what I call Original Art.

Which type of art do you like best?  And how do you like to display it?

12 comments:

Splendid Sass said...

All of these paintings are just gorgeous!
Happy Monday.
Teresa
xoxo

kara rane said...

Art can transform a space as well as Y♡U.

An Urban Cottage said...

I tend to like paintings that are totally nonobjective or graphic black and white.

Thoughts on Design said...

By the pictures you posted, it feel like your taste learns toward contemporary. I like seeing the juxtaposition of contemporary artwork in classic traditional spaces. It has a wonderful way of bringing a centuries old space into the present. (As do certain very modern chandeliers.)

Cheers,

John

Karen said...

I prefer vintage/traditional pieces but the first image mixes both contemporary and traditional so well.
Karen

Victoria said...

I prefer portraiture and still life and I like to display paintings salon style.
Best...Victoria

Acquired Objects said...

We have paintings that are mixed mediums and some abstract. The ones I really like are of nothing and pure color.

XX
Debra~

Shauna at Classically Chic Design said...

I think all of these are gorgeous!!! I hope you have a great day!

xo
Shauna

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

I love it all! Look at the color in the beautiful pieces you featured! Art is a necessary luxury of life. :)

Stacy CUrran said...

I absolutely love this post! Numbers 1 and 4 are my favorites, but I love soooo many!
Stacy

Unknown said...

You've got some sweeeet eye candy here. I love those bold, striking pieces. I'm always up for a big statement in an interior. That tough baby is really eye catching!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

So many great examples of art. Love them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...