Friday, July 8, 2011

Danish Design: Part I

My husband and I are traveling to Norway next month for a wedding and will also stop off in Copenhagen, since it's sort of "on the way".  That, of course, has gotten me inspired to look at Danish designs and rediscover what is special about this style.  So...over the next few weeks I will be doing a few posts on Danish design.  To kick it off, here are several spaces that I think are really beautiful and unique - enjoy!

Quintessential clean-lined Danish.  Love the art.

A much cosier space, again with killer art.  That lighting reminds me of the Danish lighting I posted about here...hmmm...wondering if it might be his work.

The other end of the same room - a wall of bookshelves
and a killer view - two things I adore.

I love this lighting and the warmth of the wall design.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the floors and the whole look of the room. 
The Danes mix modern and antique so well!!


A touch of ethnic, paired with that great chair.  Nice.

This room feels much warmer and less "Danish" (as I know it), so I thought this was interesting for perspective...

What a great, stylish way to use the hallway!

A chic, modern combo.

I thought this room was interesting - especially the art.  We have all seen maps used as art, but this is a floor plan.  I thought that was pretty unique and looks great from far away when it appears more like a pattern.  What a unique idea.

Loved this simple desk area - you can tell the owner appreciates good design that doesn't have to shout to get your attention.


More unique lighting but very colorful this time. 
It looks so great agains the white background that is so typical in their homes.

All images found here.

I also posted about a beautiful chain of boutique hotels in Copenhagen - look here.

6 comments:

Rachael @ Roco Rennie said...

These are beuatiful - I love shots 3 and 4. How lovely heading to another country for a wedding. Have a lovely weekend. x

rachel @ Just a Touch of Gray said...

I love that chevron patterned hardwood floor!

Anonymous said...

ohhhh..just love all these images... I love modern mixed with antiques...it's so fresh and classic at the same time...like how you've shown several different styles of Danish in various light...from bright to soft and warm...
just beautiful...
maureen

A Perfect Gray said...

absolutely beautiful images. we share a love of these....donna

Laura Trevey said...

Love the art in the last photo!!

Definitely take photos of Norway to share too ~

xoxo Laura

Splendid Willow said...

Of course these rooms speak to my heart! (And they make me home sick too).

Gallons of white, few curtains, lots of natural light and a great mix of old and new -- I love the Scandinavian style!

Lucky you for going to beautiful Norway!

Happy weekend.

Mon

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...