Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spain on the Brain

We just booked our tickets for our trip to Madrid and now Spanish design is all I can think about!  Here are some beautiful Spain-inspired settings that I love...


{Brown Designs}
I love this look - varied tiles incorporated into the steps. 
And of course zebra ottomans which (I think) are always a good idea!

Add a nice, cold, blended drink of any kind and I'm done!

The lighting, the window, the chairs, even the wallpaper...it's all good.

I love all of these accents - especially the carved statue toward the front - but I think I'd add a bit of color or white to lighten up the room.  I can already smell the paella...

{Brown Designs, Inc.}
A fountain and a gravel walkway - both add the right sounds to set a
soothing mood leading up to a home!

 
{El Mueble Magazine}
A modern take on Spanish design from one of my favorite magazines. 
I fall for beamed ceilings every time!

{El Mueble Magazine via Eclectic Revisited Blog}
That abstract art!!!

{El Mueble Magazine via Eclectic Revisited Blog}
That tufted long ottoman is so great, and would go so well in many spots
around the house...entry, dining room, bedroom.

 
What do you think of Spanish Design?  
And does it work with the home styles in your neighborhood or for your clients?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love all the tile and stone in Spanish homes...gorgeous images...fell in love with those red drapes when I first saw them in el mueble...glad to see them included in your post on Spanish Designs...
have a fabulous trip...wish I was going to Madrid too...take lots of pics!...we can't wait to hear all about your trip..
maureen

................. said...

Hi Barbara..thank you so much for visiting my blog and your lovely comment. WOW...what beautiful Spanish spaces. Love Spanish style...my home is a small Spanish style house. How gorgeous is the house with the fountain and the balcony. If you haven't been before, You will love Spain. Make sure to have dinner at Casa Botin (worlds oldest restaurant) and make sure you are seated downstairs. Also, savor the Spanish life at Plaza Mayor, and take a quick trip to Toledo...it's just lovely. How fun...can't wait to see photos of your trip :-)

Anonymous said...

spanish style is really beautiful.

greatseo said...

We are landing wholesale flooring tile company. We offer American flooring, Spain tile, Italian tile and Tampa bay flooring tile. Contact us for free consultation!

Visit here : Spain Tile

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...